Entries tagged with “moms. apple” from Car & Caboodle
1. Because Grandma is always complaining that you don't send enough pictures. The iPhone takes some decent quality pictures, anytime, anywhere you go. Send them to your friends, your facebook and flicker accounts, and of course to Grandma.
2. Because Mommybrain is a medical condition. I'm currently arguing with my insurance carrier to get MobileMe covered. MobileMe keeps your life in sync by syncing your phone with all the important software on your desktop, which is a huge sanity save. So until my plan approves it, please join me in calling it a medical necessity.
3. GPS. With live traffic updates. Not only does it provide the answer to "are we there yet?", it also can be used as a relationship aid for those of us with direction-asking impaired partners. Of course you are still free to blame your chronic lateness on unforseen sig alerts.
4. Your music. You heard me. YOUR music. Possibly ALL of your favorite music. None of that Dan Zanes kiddo stuff. Whatever centers you, you have it. In the car, in the supermarket, in the indoor playplace where the decible levels are enough to cause monkeys to become suicidal...Whereever, whenever you need it. Cause sometimes Mommy needs to chill out.
5. The Apps. Collect them like jewelry. Monkeyball for your ring finger, Twitterific for your big toe. These little gems let you use your phone to keep track of exactly where your friends are (in case you need to rendez vous at starbucks and toast the latest tantrum) and what they are doing. There are games to amuse you and even more games to amuse the offspring if they wash their hands and are VERY careful with the baby, er, phone.
6. YouTube. Because...well, just because. If you don't have any idea what to watch on YouTube, may I suggest the following episode of Rhett and Link's Great American Road Trip. I'm not responsible if you find yourself craving unhealthy food after watching.
7. Because this sexy little phone, dangled in front of a Crackberry addict, might wean and eventually cure/save them. You never know. It's worth a try. Call it Methaphone. Good deed anyone?
8. Email, Internet, etc. There are a hundred thousand reasons why you need this at your disposal at all times. Because you never know when you will need a recipe for giant bubbles, and to email your mother a picture of your child inside a giant bubble. Or maybe you just need an address so that the GPS can guide you to Roscoe's Chicken and Waffles for lunch.
9. It makes you look skinny. Well, sort of. Your hands, anyway. iPhones work better for women. Men's hands are bigger and this makes the touch screen harder for them to use. Neener. One caveat? You'll have to lose the acrylics.
10. Because in a world full of gizmos and gadgets and phones made mostly at men, it's nice to see a phone that makes moms lives easier too. Too bad Apple seems a bit absent on share day with the gal pals though. They are so busy marketing their phones to dudes that they have not even paused to shake their glorious Apple bootie at us girl types. Only a third of their current user are presently women. That's a shame! So if they want to call me to discuss, I promise I'll take that call. On my iPhone.